Only one-fifthy of the total number of lymphoma (tumor of the lymphid tissue or lymph nodes) cases reported in northern India are women says on going US-sponsored study at the ALL India Institute of Medical Scitnoes (AIIMS), New Delhi.
Doctors at the Institute have examined 200 patients from several north Indian towns and villages over the past three years to locate the characteristics and demography of lymphomm, in north India. and provide the patients the latest frpe"of-cbst chemotherapy profile.
Cormnenting on the low turnout of women lymphoma patients, V Raina, an expert on medical ontology at ARMS. says, "More likely, families tend to let their women remain at home suffering, rather than sending them to a city hospital.- The ratio of men and women lymphoms patients In the West Is $5,45; but here it Is 90:20. Besides, there are delayed reportings here.
Lymphoma manifests Itself as a lump In the neck or groln, later leading to fever and anaenfle, and breathing disorders. Raina says. There are two kinds of lymphoma - Hodgkins (30 per cent Incidence) and non-Hodgkins (70- par card Inckle"). The first stage of lymphoma
- Order of the High Court of Bombay at Goa on death of COVID-19 patients due to dearth of oxygen, Goa, 13/05/2021
- Gujarat Govt joins other states, says will not permit Field trials of GM food crops in the state
- India State of the Environment Report : The Monthly Overview, September 2013
- The National Food Security Bill, 2011: Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution (2012-13)
- City hospitals to put dengue case count online