Note on the draft national food security bill
This framework note on the draft food security bill released by Sonia Gandhi headed National Advisory Council attempts to build a strong system of grievance redressal for all food-related schemes, to ensure that food entitlements are realised.
The National Food Security Act is envisaged as a path-breaking legislation, aimed at protecting all children, women and men from
hunger and food deprivation. Aside from creating new food entitlements, the Act would place a range of existing food-related schemes on a new footing and set new standards of transparency
and accountability for social programmes.
See Also Bill: Draft National Food Security Bill, 2010.
Feature: Tracking Nilekani.
Report: Envisioning a role for aadhaar in the public distribution system.
Feature: Low Pulse.
Report: Report on the state of food insecurity.
Report: Economics of foodgrain management.
Opinion: Fix what is broken.
Report: Food security in India - performance, challenges and policies.
Bill: Draft National Food Security Bill, 2010.
- India State of the Environment Report : The Monthly Overview, September 2013
- Budget 2013-2014: speech of P. Chidambaram, Minister of Finance
- Critique of the National Food Security Bill 2011
- The National Food Security Bill, 2011 (Bill No. 132 of 2011)
- The Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation And Resettlement Bill, 2011
- Draft National Food Security Bill, 2011