A grant of US $172,000 for cataract research has been extended by the US-based National Eye Institute to an Indian research group consisting of D Balasubramaniam and Mohan Rao of the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad and some other scientists working in related fields.
The Asiatic lion of Gujarat's Gir forest will now have a second home in the Palpur Kuo sanctuary in Morena district, Madhya Pradesh.
To contain poaching of marine life in Indian waters along the Andaman islands -- mostly by Thai boatmen -- the Union home ministry has proposed the formation of a marine force, comprising personnel from the Coast Guard, Navy, the Andaman Police and other agencies.
Japan's Sumitomo-Mitsubishi combine has won the US $1 billion contract to execute the 1,000 megawatt (mw) power project in Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
Tamil Nadu leads the states in harnessing wind power, with 22 locations having a 4000 mw potential. This was stated by S Krishna Kumar, minister for non-conventional energy resources at a recent meeting in New Delhi to review such projects.
A cabinet committee on prices meeting on June 26 has decided to reduce the import duty on pulses from 10 per cent to 5 per cent under the Open General License, said the civil supplies and public distribution minister Buta Singh in New Delhi.
India will get us $61 million (Rs 195 crore) from the UN's World Food Programme under the Integrated Child Development Scheme to enhance nutrition of pre-school children in Assam, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh in the next 3 years.
- Enabling the business of agriculture 2019
- Crime in India 2017
- Order of the Supreme Court regarding felling of trees in Aarey for constructing a car shed for Mumbai metro, 21/10/2019
- Order of the Supreme Court of India regarding Guru Ravidas temple in forest area of Delhi, 21/10/2019
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding compliance of Municipal Solid Waste Management Rules 2016, 18/10/2019
- National Milk Safety and Quality Survey 2018