tracing the rivers: Indian and Chinese scientists have agreed to find the actual source of two of the world's mightiest rivers: the Brahmaputra and the Sutlej. A team of scientists from the Indian Mountaineering Foundation and the Institute of Geology and Geophysics of Chinese Academy of Sciences will leave in April 2007 for the Mount Kailash in Tibet, believed to be the source of the two rivers.
biggest wind farm: In a bid to cut down green house gas emissions, the UK government has recently given clearance to the world's biggest offshore wind farm. The 341-turbine London Array, along with the smaller 100-turbine Thanet wind farm, will generate 1.3 giga watts of electricity, which is sufficient to power one million houses.
tusker trauma: In a rare man-animal conflict, the local administration of Assam recently clamped a day-long curfew in the Hojai town of Nagaon district, after a herd of wild tuskers went on a rampage in the outskirt of the town. The incident occurred in the third week of December, when 75 tuskers entered Hojai college premises and smashed the boundary walls.
- Report by UPPCB on illegal waste units in Loni, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, 28/09/2020
- 2020 Goalkeepers Report: COVID-19- A Global Perspective
- Agricultural Finance for Climate Resilience
- Report by Shakti Bioscience on fire at its factory in Valsad, Gujarat, 28/08/2020
- Report filed on the incident of fire at the factory of Shakti Bio Science, Valsad, Gujarat, 26/08/2020
- Dominance of summer monsoon flash droughts in India