Water quality hot-spots in rivers of India
This new CWC report provides the water quality scenario of our rivers viz-a-viz BIS and other Standards. It is based on the average values obsercec during 2001-2011 at 371 monitoring stations of CWC on almost all major, medium and minor rivers in India.
This report by the Central Water Commission (CWC) attempts to provide the water quality scenario of our rivers and evolve a methodology for identifying hot spots in Indian rivers. The water quality data is based on the average values observed during the last ten years (2001-2011) at 371 monitoring stations of CWC on almost all major, medium and minor rivers in India. In respect of Dissolved Oxygen and Biochemical Oxygen Demand, the Central Pollution Control Board's classification has been considered for evaluating the hot spot in the rivers.
Report: Polluted river stretches in India.
Report: Water quality data -2010.
In-Parliament: Pollution in rivers.
Opinion: No let-off till zero discharge.
Report: Status of water quality in India.
Report: Status paper on river Ganga - state of environment and water quality.
Report: Ganga water quality trend.
Feature: Instant quality check of rivers.
Feature: Gentle on critical pollution.
Feature: A Tale of Two Rivers.
- Report on water quality hot-spots in rivers of India
- Report on river stretches for restoration of water quality: state wise and priority wise
- Draft report on water quality hotspots in rivers of India other than Ganga, Indus & Brahmaputra Basin
- Water quality of rivers at interstate borders
- River stretches for restoration of water quality
- Status of trace and toxic metals in Indian rivers