The municipal corporation of Shimla has finalised a Rs 7.5 crore integrated waste management plan for the town. Under the plan, separate arrangement will be made for the disposal of solid waste, hazardous hospital waste and sewage.
A recent study carried out by the Indian tea industry has revealed that original Indian tea could regain the consumer trust in the global market. The research concluded that Indian tea was strong, aromatic, flavoury and economical while its weak points were inconsistent quality, poor distribution, shoddy packaging and the absence of quality brands.
The country's apex court recently directed the Hindustan Paper Corporation (HPC) in Jagiroad, Assam, to pay necessary compensation to those who lost their land due to the establishment of the Nagaon Paper Mill, a subsidary of HPC.
A campaign has been launched in Madras city to organise the daily disposal of garbage. The campaign is a joint effort by an NGO Ex nora international and the city's civic authorities. Ex nora collects garbage through a collective effort and then turns the organic waste to manure.
India's water table has declined to an alarming eight metres between the years 1983-95 according to the report submitted by the Central Ground Water Board to the Supreme Court. Environmental lawyer M C Mehta contended that the government should stop indiscriminate digging of borewells.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is starting a unique rural development communications project, using the INSAT -2C. It will serve as a forerunner to its GRAM SA T programme. The ISRO plans to launch GRAM SAT, a satellite that will cater exclusively to the needs of the rural population for education and training.
A recent cholera outbreak in the tribal belt of Udaipur district in Rajasthan claimed the lives of 17 people while 50 others are in a serious condition.
The Supreme Court recently laid down guidelines to make surplus land available for the shifting of about 11,000 polluting industries from the residential areas of New Delhi.
- Status note by the CPCB regarding storage and disposal of carbon slurry by fertilizer industries, 21/01/2024
- People and planet: addressing the interlinked challenges of climate change, poverty and hunger in Asia and the Pacific
- Catalysing local action for clean air: a guidebook to map hyperlocal sources of air pollution
- Reply affidavit by Maharashtra Pollution Control Board on fixing of environmental compensation to be paid by Sangli Miraj and Kupwad City Municipal Corporation, Sangli district, Maharashtra, 17/02/2024
- Draft Electricity (Third Amendment) Rules, 2024
- Renewable energy resource adequacy planning to meet RPO by the states in India