In a recent verdict, Kerala High Court has quashed the environmental clearance accorded to a hydroelectric power (hydel) project by the Union ministry of environment and forests, and has cautioned the ministry to conduct public hearings before granting any such clearances.
The order came in the context of the controversial Rs 1,000-crore Athirappally hydel power project near Kochi, which would generate 163-megawatt electricity.
The court was deeply disturbed
- Asia’s transition to net zero: opportunities and challenges in agriculture
- India ageing report 2023: caring for our elders- institutional responses
- State of the Rhino 2023
- Tracking universal health coverage: 2023 global monitoring report
- Progress on children's well-being: centring child rights in the 2030 Agenda
- Global report on food crises 2023 mid-year update