Draft National Food Security Bill, 2011
This draft national food security bill approved by the National Advisory Council legalises PDS as the approach for implementing the provisions of food security and calls for improved storage and doorstep delivery of grain to the targeted PDS outlets.
As agreed by the NAC at its meeting on July 14th, 2010, a Working Group of Members of the NAC was constituted on the National Food Security Bill. After due deliberations and wide ranging consultations, the Working Group of the NAC prepared a draft ‘National Food Security Bill.
Bill: Draft national food security bill: explanatory note.
Report: Report of the expert committee on national food security bill.
Note: Note on the draft national food security bill.
Bill: Draft National Food Security Bill, 2010.
Report: Social protection for a changing India.
Report: Report on the state of food insecurity in rural India.
Report: Food security - what the government says and what we want.
- India State of the Environment Report : The Monthly Overview, September 2013
- Budget 2013-2014: speech of P. Chidambaram, Minister of Finance
- Why the NFSA will not ensure nutrition security
- Critique of the National Food Security Bill 2011
- Government hides more than it reveals in the Food Security Bill
- The National Food Security Bill, 2011 (Bill No. 132 of 2011)