thrown out: Tamil actress Radhika has been expelled from the primary membership of AIADMK, the main opposition party in Tamil Nadu "for acting against the interests of the party'. She appeared in a controversial advertisement which gives a clean chit to colas. The Coke advertisement appeared in the beginning of October. Its script and sequence of scenes is similar to an earlier one starring the popular Bollywood actor, Aamir Khan and telecast widely. Like Khan, Radhika takes the viewer around a Coca Cola plant and says that the drink is made under stringent quality control and is perfectly safe. Party chief Jayalalithaa has instructed party members not to have any contact with her.
<>b>it energy: The big IT companies in Karnataka have been requested by the state government to promote renewable energy. The state-controlled Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Limited has appealed that they use only renewable energy for their offices to create awareness about the energy crisis. These companies can either install renewable energy devices like solar and wind at their office or make arrangements for getting supply of renewable energy from other generating units.
Novel Nobel: Muhammad Yunus and Grameen Bank of Bangladesh have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for 2006 for their
- Policy Brief: The Impact of COVID-19 on South-East Asia
- Synthesis Report on the State of Food and Nutrition Security and Vulnerability in Southern Africa 2020
- Accelerating Digital Inclusion in the New Normal
- The behavioural, welfare and environmental impacts of air travel reductions during and beyond COVID-19
- A Whole New World, Reimagined by Women
- When Rain Turns To Dust